We asked our Year 6 pupils how they would introduce our school to parents and visitors to our website and this is what they said:
'Here at Mullion Primary School, we have the greatest opportunities for your children to have a fantastic education. We focus on a superb attitude to learning and our priority is keeping everyone happy and safe to be able to learn. Our teachers are highly skilled, linking fun and excitement into the topics we learn about. At Mullion Primary, children are given a great education for the future.'
We'd love for you to come to visit and find out for yourselves. Please make contact using the details on the 'contact' tab.
We look forward to meeting you!
As we start the new academic year, with COVID cases in Cornwall relatively high, the school will continue to run under government COVID guidelines. The measures we have put in place to ensure the safety of parents, staff and pupils are as follows:
- No parents will be allowed in the building unless by prior arrangement.
- Professionals visiting school will wear masks until they are able to maintain social distance.
- The school will operate in three bubbles, Shells and Pebbles, Starfish and Footprints, Waves and Surfers.
- Large congregations of pupils will be avoided. Children will eat in classrooms where possible and no whole school assemblies will take place.
- Good hygiene – children will be asked to sanitise their hands regularly.
- Surfaces and frequently used equipment will be cleaned regularly.
- Rooms will be well ventilated. This may mean that, later in the term, children may need to wear warmer clothes to school. We will advise you of any changes.
- We advise that parents wear masks at pick up and drop off times and do not gather in groups.
- All pupils are expected to arrive at school from 8.45 with registers at 9.00 and leave at 3.15.
- Any child with symptoms, no matter how mild, will be isolated and asked to return home until a PCR test is administered.
- All staff will administer home tests twice a week.
We will continually review the arrangements and inform you when it is safe to make any changes.