Surfers - Mrs McKellar-Savage's Class
Welcome to Surfers!
Mrs McKellar-Savage's Class
Teachers: Mrs McKellar-Savage
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Wood and Mrs Sloper
Note: regular communication, weekly home learning and spellings and other important messages will be sent through Google Classroom.
Welcome to Surfers! We are a brilliant, multi-talented bunch of Year Sixes, taught by Mrs McKellar-Savage. We're supported by our fantastic Teaching Assistants, Mrs Wood and Mrs Sloper, and have a variety of exciting learning planned for the Autumn Term.
Our topic this half term is 'Conflict', which has a history focus. You can find our topic knowledge organiser at the bottom of the page. We'll be learning about World War II, with a local history focus. We'll be learning about the experience of evacuees and what life was like for children during this period.
Our key texts this term are:
Letters from the Lighthouse by Emma Carroll
Rose Blanche by Ian McEwan
Our current class reader is:
Orphans of the Tide by Struan Murray
- Surfers arrival time in the morning is 9.00am. Please aim to arrive on time as there will be vital morning learning and settling routines.
- Our PE day is Friday. Please wear PE kit to school on Fridays.
- Weekly homework will be set on a Friday; this needs to be handed in on the following Wednesday.
- Spellings are also set on Fridays and tested on the following Friday.
- Children should be reading at home daily! Please record home reading in children's diaries through Google Classroom at least once a week.
- Y6 Summer 2 KIRF.pdf
- Y6 Summer 1 KIRF.pdf
- Y6 Spring 2 KIRF.pdf
- Y6 Spring 1 KIRF.pdf
- Y6 Autumn 2 KIRF.pdf
- Y6 Autumn 1 KIRF.pdf